While becoming a new mom is a beautiful experience, it also comes with a range of emotions related to the adjustment of a woman’s new role as the primary caregiver of a baby, as well as to the changes her body undergoes postpartum.
For many new moms, looking in the mirror is admittedly not a confidence boosting moment, with the remaining baby weight, newly gained stretch marks, loose skin, and engorged breasts. Even fashion choices become limited because of the need to provide nursing access to the infant if you are breast feeding. And this is precisely why the founders of Pearl Clothing relaunched their brand specifically for moms.
As new moms, the two struggled with finding stylish pieces that they breastfeed their babies in, and thus decided to design pieces that moms could wear during pregnancy, while nursing, and after. It was important for them to ensure that women who are not mothers would be willing to wear the pieces as well.
Here are our favourite pieces from their latest collection, STELLA.
1. The Reese Dress. The Reese Dress is exactly what you would imagine you could wear for a weekend outing with the family. Its front bow unties for easy nursing access, and it comes with a garterized strapless bra for extra coverage. Wear it with statement earrings and your favourite flats for a casual yet chic look.
2. The Jessica Dress. The Jessica dress tackles two trends in one with its bold stripes and ruffle detail on the hem. It has hidden snaps down the v-neck collar for subtle nursing access. Wear it with heels for an instant elegant and dressed up #ootd.
3. The Blake Dress. The Blake dress is a polka dot chiffon dress with a tiered skirt. Its straps untie for easy nursing access, and it comes with a black camisole dress for extra coverage. Wear it for an evening out with scrappy sandals, and feel like your old self again.
4. The Kate Blouse. The Kate Blouse is a top you can take from day to night. Pull the overlap aside for easy nursing access and snap it back in place for a secure closure when you are done. Wear it with your favourite jeans and sneakers during the day or a dark pair of culottes and heels at night.
5. The Gwen Pants. The Gwen pants were made for bodies that have experienced a lot of changes. It has a garterized waist that can grow or shrink with you, subtle side slits as an interesting detail. Wear it as an expectant mom, a new nursing mom, or even if you are none of the above.
For more information, visit www.pearlclothing.ph and follow the brand on Instagram at @pearlclothingph.