Hey parents! Is it time to get a VPN for the fam?
The time we spend online every day has been more than ever before. We endlessly scroll on Facebook and Instagram and, admittedly, only have a few K-dramas and kids’ shows left on our watch list. But did you know that the longer we are online, the more we need to protect our privacy?
VPN is our answer to that! VPNs or virtual private networks are mainly used for these two things:
- Access websites and streaming platforms that are unavailable locally. This means that you can watch films and series only available overseas – such as Disney+!
- Have an extra layer of privacy. Connecting to the internet — especially in public places — puts your digital identity at risk. VPNs prevent this from happening.
How to get a VPN
Simply download a VPN client and sign up. Choosing a service depends on your preference, but if you’re only after streaming sites, the cheapest and unpaid ones may be enough.
How to access Disney+ in the Philippines
- Sign up, download, and install your preferred VPN (paid ones are recommended for Disney+).
- Open the VPN app, login with your credentials, select and connect to a server located in the United States.
- Download and install the Disney+ app.
- Open the Disney+ app and sign up for a subscription. Subscription plans are as follows:
- Monthly subscription: USD 6.99 or P345.
- Annual subscription: USD 69.99 or P3,445.
- Sign up for a subscription plan and log in. Enjoy!
Note that you can watch Disney+ in any of these devices:
- Amazon Fire TV and Fire tablets
- Roku boxes, sticks, and TVs
- Google Chromecast and Chromecast-enabled devices
- iPhone, iPad
- Android phones and TVs
- Apple TV (integrated with TV app, available as in-app purchase)
- Microsoft Xbox one
- Sony Playstation 4
- Android-based Sony Smart TVs
- Samsung and LG devices
You can clear cache/data -> restart your set up any time the VPN or Disney+ app is not working.